(Recruiter will provide details of sign-on bonus during interview process)
You have a place in the health care industry. If you???re looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference ??? and real change in the health care industry ??? you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
Become the best Registered Respiratory Therapist you can be by joining the Banner University Medical Center - Phoenix (BUMCP) teams' elite group of respiratory care practitioners.?????BUMCP?????serves a diverse customer base and is a staple in the Phoenix community. Our patients come from all walks of life and so does our BUMCP Team. If your share BUMCP'S enthusiasm for patient care and values, you will feel right at home here. Learn to become a multi-faceted practitioner by working in a fast-paced, large volume, nationally recognized level 1 trauma center, level 3 NICU, liver/heart transplant unit, among many other interesting modalities.
BUMCP's respiratory therapy department is an amazing place to work for many different personalities. We are a great place for seasoned practitioners as there is never a dull moment, and the pace and patient acuity will keep you focused and driven, catapulting you to the top of your profession. BUMCP would also be a perfect fit for new grad RRTs who want to expose themselves to the full variety of patient acuity, broaden their knowledge, gain valuable experience, and clear a pathway to excellence. If you're looking for a challenge and need more gratification and purpose in your career, come join us at Banner University!
We are currently looking for Full-Time RRTs to work Nights (36 hours/week; 3 12-hour shifts from 6 pm - 6:30 am). Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential, where applicable.Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.??
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet??? recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position independently provides respiratory care, pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing to patients in a variety of health care settings.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs all basic modalities of respiratory care as prescribed by physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
2. Applies and manages mechanical ventilators in collaboration with physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners, recommending adjustments to improve clinical condition, patient comfort and to expedite the weaning process.
3. Assembles, disassembles, operates, maintains, troubleshoots, cleans and performs adjustments in the applications of durable medical equipment and circuitry used in the delivery of respiratory care as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
4. Performs pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
5. Performs patient assessments and evaluates patient response to care provided, making recommendations to physicians regarding the plan of care, appropriate use of respiratory therapy and modification of therapy as clinical condition changes. Documents therapy provided in an accurate and complete manner in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
6. Communicates and collaborates with resource staff in formulating care plans, recommendations for change in therapy and identification/resolution of problems.
7. May supervise department staff.
8. Independently provides respiratory care, pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing to patients in a variety of health care settings. May be assigned to a variety of areas throughout the system where respiratory care is needed. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physicians and their office staff, payers, community agencies and regulatory agencies.
Associate or technical degree.
Proof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). RRT required for all new hires to the position after October 1, 2015. Incumbents in the position as of October 1, 2015 must possess their RRT by October 1, 2017. A current license in state practiced as required by state law. In the state of Nevada, all incumbents must have their Blood Gas Technologist certification. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. In Home Care setting, must posses valid drivers license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Must be knowledgeable of clinical techniques, applications and equipment as typically obtained through one year of clinical experience. Must possess highly effective human relation skills necessary to interface with patients, families, staff and other healthcare personnel.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.