Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
Respiratory Therapist Per Diem Rotate Position Summary:
The staff respiratory care practitioner (RCP) provides services to inpatients and out patients as directed by physicians. Essential tasks include basic respiratory care, emergency respiratory care, ventilator management, arterial blood gases, bronchoscopy and pulmonary testing. The RCP maintains department appearance, documents in the EMR under respiratory and in the multidisciplinary plan of care as appropriate. The RCP assists with data collection for process improvement monitoring and reporting.
Essential Duties: The staff RCP provides safe and effective care in the areas listed below. These essential duties include but are not limited to:
â�¢ Ventilator Management â�¢ Medical Gas Administration â�¢ Aerosol Therapy â�¢ Chest Physical Therapy â�¢ ACLS/Airway Management â�¢ CPR/Airway Management â�¢ PALS/Airway Management â�¢ Pulmonary Screens â�¢ Incentive Spirometry â�¢ Pulse Oximetry â�¢ Patient Assessment â�¢ Arterial/Venous Blood Gas Sampling â�¢ Analysis and Quality Control â�¢ Sputum Induction â�¢ Bronchoscopy
1. The RCP cleans, maintains, and assembles equipment correctly; maintains accurate patient and departmental records and ensures quality and safety of all therapy delivered.
2. The RCP ensures supplies are sufficient and all equipment is in working order for their assigned area. A standby ventilator is available at all times in the ED, ICU/CCU, NICU and PICU.
3. Provides patient instruction and education as needed. Maintains communications, both verbally and written, with patients, physicians, and other hospital personnel.
4. Responds immediately to emergency situations (rapid response, code blue) per departmental policy.
5. Performs a respiratory assessment on all patients assigned to the RCP for care. Is completely familiar with the assigned patients, including chest X-rays, pertinent lab requests, diagnosis and acid base status.
6. Documentation is accurate, complete and legible. Completes and submits completed billing in a timely fashion. Distributes charting sheets when appropriate.
7. Promotes positive co-worker relationships through team work and cooperation. Effectively acts as a team player within multidisciplinary services. Shares information, work knowledge and experience with co-workers, physicians and students in a non-threatening manner. Offers assistance and promptly responds to requests.
8. Promotes effective communication. Promptly shows courtesy to all customers in greetings and conversations. Information is communicated accurately, in a timely manner with appropriate follow through. Assists customers with special communication needs and routinely communicates/reports problems to supervisor.
9. Promotes safety awareness. Abides by safety/fire and FVRH Environment of Care (EOC) policies and procedures and applies them to their daily routine. Does not smoke on our smoke-free campus. Is prepared for emergencies and uses the correct procedures to maximize safety and minimize risks. Reports accidents or incidents promptly to the appropriate supervisor and initiates the necessary paperwork.
10. Promotes customer care. Meets the customersâ�� expectations promptly and ensures care/service delivered without interruption when possible. Addresses problems or concerns promptly with courtesy and respect. Keeps customers informed of delays in service
11. Demonstrates dependability and initiative. Adheres to the facility and department policies and procedures on tardiness and absenteeism. Attends all required forums, staff meetings and training sessions. Maintains license, certification and competencies. Consistently present for required in services (safety, ethics, etc.) and volunteers for Process Improvement TQM activities within the department.
12. Completes other duties as assigned.
13. The RCP performs in all of the following critical care areas. (Check all that apply) ? Adult ICU/CCU ? Emergency Department ? Pediatric ICU ? Neonatal ICU
Lead Therapist Duties:
An RCP who assumes the responsibilities of â��lead therapistâ�� is able to perform all of the responsibilities of a staff RCP as well as all of the tasks identified below.
â�¢ Review all respiratory orders in the computer and verify all orders from the computer are listed on the respiratory assignment monitor. â�¢ Check individual staff assignments and review staffing on the shift assignment log. Ensure all staff has equitable point assignments. Flex staff according to volume. Make out the assignment for the oncoming shift. â�¢ Respond to all code calls; assume charge, release all unnecessary staff to return to their assignments or to cover needed areas. â�¢ Ensure all back up supplies in the department are adequately stocked. List any needed equipment or supplies on the white board in the department. â�¢ Check scheduling for Bronchoscopy and PFTs for the next shift. â�¢ Print out Pyxis discrepancy report and correct accordingly. â�¢ Print diagnostic report from the computer and verify if the special procedures are completed. â�¢ Day shift â�� Review the double charges for the initial treatments and make corrections. â�¢ Day and Night shift lead will print out all oxygen orders. o The lead will ensure the O2 rounds are completed with appropriate pulse oximetry verification and charging. â�¢ Audit patient respiratory records for accurate staff documentation. I.e. multi-disciplinary plan of care, O2 therapy, vent management, and a thorough assessment. â�¢ Ensure Blood Gas temperature and maintenance logs are completed by the assigned RT. â�¢ Responsible for troubleshooting the ABG machine(s) or calling tech support when needed. The night shift lead will print and review ABG reports. â�¢ Complete the GEMBA board â�¢ The day shift lead completes the room and refrigerator temperature logs â�¢ For new starts, if the staff is unavailable, the lead will assume responsibility of completing the new start. â�¢ Assist with patient workload as needed. â�¢ Handle unit issues or concerns. If need assistance, escalate any concern to the Manager or Director. â�¢ If using a new registry or traveler they must fill out/complete the packet, if they have been here before check there License and CPR are current. â�¢ Aid with Pyxis access for registry RT's â�¢ Complete all missed billing
NICU/PICU Therapist Duties
A RCP who assumes the responsibilities of a NICU/PICU therapist is able to perform all of the responsibilities of a staff RCP as well as all of the tasks identified below.
â�¢ Meets all of the educational and training requirements as set forth by California Childrenâ��s Services. Through this education is able to perform the essential functions of a staff RCP in the context of the neonatal, infant or pediatric patient. o Additional training in neonatal/pediatric respiratory care shall be demonstrated by the completion of a formal pediatric respiratory therapy course at an approved school of respiratory therapy that includes didactic and clinical course work; or The completion of a 20 hours of didactic and four weeks of preceptor pediatric clinical experience in a hospital-based course. â�¢ Recognizes and selects equipment, disposable supplies and or medications that are appropriate to treat the neonatal, infant or pediatric patient. â�¢ Performs (CBG) capillary blood gas draws, arterial blood gas samples and resulting as ordered by physician. â�¢ Is responsible to support ambulance transports of the pediatric, infant and or neonatal patient. Verify the contents of the transport ventilator and supply box in the ambulance are complete each shift. â�¢ Completes shift â�� shift handoff checklist for all ventilated patients. â�¢ Attends all high risk deliveries and C-sections. â�¢ Attends daily rounds with the physician. â�¢ Maintains competencies specific to the NICU/PICU patient and environment. â�¢ Updates the department work assignment board and notifies the manager/lead of any changes in procedures.
â�¢ Understands and exhibits teamwork. Is consistently helpful, courteous, supportive and cooperative. Understands the unique stress associated with caring for a neonatal, infant and or pediatric patient and the patientâ��s family. Consistently treats others with courtesy and respect and is consistently discrete in what and where things are discussed.
Respiratory Therapist Per Diem Rotate candidate will possess the following education, licenses/certifications, and experience:
Required: â�¢ Current RCP license from the State of California â�¢ Graduate from an accredited respiratory therapy program â�¢ American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, PALS. â�¢ NRP Certification Required for NICU/PICU Therapists.
Preferred: â�¢ One year of acute care experience (staff RCP) â�¢ Registered with the National Board for Respiratory Care â�¢ NICU/PICU - NPS certification â�¢ NICU/PICU â�� minimum of two years of experience
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.